Monday 9 January 2012

Back On Course for 2012







With the start of the New Year it's great to be thinking about getting back on course with my knitting, weaving and spinning. An early morning walk on the beach at Ryde at low tide where I can enjoy the vast expanse of the sands is a wonderful way to start my day. A perfect place to go when I need to get inspiration, to contemplate, be invigorated and energized.

I have set up my loom once more and have been mulling over some new ideas to get weaving.

These are a couple of commissions completed recently. These small rugs are fun to make and I particularly enjoy varying the warp colours so as to produce wide and narrow stripes through the piece, this also makes the tassels much more interesting too.

I want to develop my designs this year with this pattern trend using nautical and summer seaside colours in cotton blended yarns.



On the knitting needles at the moment are some more hand warmers to re stock my Folksy shop and my Isle of Wight stockists. I made myself a pair of long hand warmers and they are just lovely to wear out on walks to the beach.



Putting my camera and notebook to good use I come back buzzing with creative thoughts.

Dreaming of being back on course sailing again soon, as I look out across the Solent.

No comments:

Post a Comment