Wednesday 17 April 2013

Organic Black Welsh Mountian Wool




















I having been working on a commission. It is a hand knitted man's sweater in Organic Black Welsh Mountain Wool. I have enjoyed knitting with this very much and was particularly pleased to be working on this order through the month of March, (which has been the coldest here for 50 years) as it has kept me warm as it grew on my knitting needles  into the sweater you see here!






















The wool is soft but sturdy too. My client wanted to have it knitted into a replica of a faithful old sweater, so I borrowed the sweater to be reproduced and worked out the design from it. Checking a match as I worked, note the old sweater underneath the new piece of knitting.








































After blocking and sewing up.

 An item of clothing that will last for years, looks good and feels wonderful to wear. My client is thrilled.
It feels so right choosing beautiful natural real wool from British farms to hand knit in the traditional way. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment