Thursday 4 September 2014

Hand Knitted Cowl


I have been delving into my Hand spun Stash and knitting some lovely woolly accessories. This is a variation on my design for a hand knitted cowl, it is knitted in one piece in a ribx2 stitch and has a handmade ceramic feature button sewn in place for that finishing touch.


The yarn for this item is hand spun on my Ashford tradition spinning wheel; Merino pale blue with mixed flecked fibres.
The button is handmade by my sister http://potsandpaint.blogspot.co.uk/


All my knitting and weaving work is unique as I choose different yarns, colours and adapt my designs to create something individual.
As we start September there is a hive of activity in my work room as I begin to use yarns and ideas I have been collecting to make a yummy new bundle of stock. Please pop over to my online shop  in the coming weeks. https://folksy.com/shops/suewrighthandknits
I like to fill small baskets with wool, needles and a notebook when working on my knitting projects so as I can pick the work up easily. Little wicker pots of colour and softness inviting me to create something special. I have four baskets on the go at the moment one for socks, one for hand warmers, one for hats, headbands and cowls. Plus of course at this time of year there is the extra basket in festive colours for the Christmas makes!
 I just grab a basket and get tucked in.
My weaving loom is absorbing my time and stash supply. I will have some lovely new work to show you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment