Sunday 26 May 2019

Coat Jacket - Hand Woven On My Saori Loom


Making the cloth
Here you can see the warp and weft of the cloth on the loom as I weave the colours and textures together.



Woven cloth rolled on the beam.



Newly woven cloth cut straight from the loom and laid out. Can  you see the small slits in the fabric at intervals through the right hand side of the cloth. These are where I wove the collar shapings as I created the weaving. It means that there is less cutting to do when I sew the jacket together so giving me a neater finish. 


Cutting and Washing the Cloth
I always have to take a deep breathe here. Double check, measure twice, cut once.



Then all the pieces are washed to Full the Fabric and hung out to dry on a lovely sunny day.


SEWING A GARMENT

 A little bit of sewing and the Jacket all comes together!
I hand knitted the drop sleeves, the collar and front trim.



THIS JACKET WAS HAND WOVEN AND INCLUDES HANDPAINTED AND NATURALLY DYED YARN WITH SOME HANDSPUN SLUBS IN THE CLOTH.
IT HAS HAND KNITTED SLEEVES AND FRONT TRIM.

WOVEN IN THE SAORI WAY, BEAUTIFULLY SLOW CLOTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment