Wednesday 15 July 2020

Summer Colour in Cloth

                                               Our garden is full of colour and inspiration!

I am always influenced by the nature around me, summer colours start to feed into my woven cloth at this time of year.
This month I have been making vibrant cotton warps for the looms. It is a nice break from working in wool on the looms. (I'm busy spinning on the wheel in the garden, so there will be plenty of woolly projects later in the year).
However some people have allergies and do ask me if I weave and knit in cotton, so its always good to offer an alternative. Also in the summer months its great to work in cool cottons and linen.


 Hand weaving the Saori Way along with more tradition weaves of stripes and squares in gorgeous colourways.




 New cloth fresh from the loom.



Beautiful Summer Wraps/Shawls in soft cotton. The perfect "go to" accessory for the Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment