Wednesday 28 April 2010

Just a Treat


I made myself a new phone cosy. Using up some of my stash (freedom spirit 100% wool twilleys). I have used a vintage button from my Grandmother's button box.
It's just a treat!








I have handknitted it in stocking stitch with a garter stitch top opening and a little tab with buttonhole.
It was such fun to do, so I will probably be making some more little cosies in this design for sale at my craft fairs. I think it would make an ideal "knit kit" for the beginner knitter to purchase, so I will be developing this and let you know when it is available.





I always feel that the quality of the materials are crucial to a good designed piece of handknitting or weaving. Yes, it can be expensive but what you achieve is a finished item that is beautiful to look at, wonderful to the touch and will last and last.








And of course when making small items "a little goes a long way"
I knitted this with wool leftover from another project so this little cosy only cost me; a little time spent sitting in the afternoon sunshine enjoying my craft and making myself a little treat...













1 comment: